Thursday, September 8, 2011

David, the Shepherd Boy

So today, Jake was in the backyard playing w/ Loa when he came in the back door & asked, "Mom did David's father (w/ a Star Wars type, "father") give him food in a bag for his sheep?  I said, "Jake, sheep eat grass.  The food you are thinking of is the food his dad told him to take to his brothers."  Jake responded w/, "Well I'm gonna put some grass in my basket for my sheep," as he pointed w/ his plastic golf club to our dog Loa.  Loa by the way, was leashed to an exercise stroller, laying in the grass.  I'm certain she was loving this reenactment.   I probably looked at him puzzled b/c next he says, "Loa is King David's sheep...he ONLY has ONE sheep."  Then he goes back outside and puts some grass in his bucket and attempts to feed the sheep...AKA Loa.  Again, she looks thrilled.  A few minutes later he comes back through the house, and after going into Elin's room he comes back through where I am and he has a bright green headband on his head.  I said "Why are you wearing Elin's headband Jake?" He says, I'm David the shepherd boy"  (Enough said) and he goes back out.  I followed him outside, thinking I need a picture of this.  As I get my camera out to take a few pics of him in his green headband and his leashed sheep, he kinda poses and starts swinging his golf club in a circle around his head saying,"this is my stone mom!  I fight off the bears w/ it!" (Think he meant "sling" obviously) I love that he is excited about the Bible stories we are reading, but I never thought we would get quite this reenactment & neither did our oh so tolerating dog Loa.




So, not the greatest picture, but isn't it funny that Loa is yawing.. as if she has pretty much had enough! Hehe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment